Marlow A. Johnson
2326 Nicole Drive
Hampton, GA 30228
Objective To own my own Banquet Hall establishment that creates a quality product with exceptional service for the value of your dollar that will take my current Catering and personal Chefs services to the next level and add a splash of charm, , etiquette, creativity, and style to your events and meet all your needs.
Certifications & Accomplishments
ServSafe Certification 9/07 │Customer Service Specialist Certification 8/99│ Interpersonal Communication Workshop Attendee 8/07│American Culinary Federation member since 5/08│Culinary Boot Camp Attendee-11/08
Culinary Skills & Specialties
Menu Design & Development │ Meal Preparation │ Inventory Control │ Special Events │ Banquets │ Catering & Planning │ Small Kitchen & Staff Management │ Dining Room & Kitchen Operations │ Safety, Sanitation & HACCP │ Budgeting │ Cost Reduction │Customer Service & Guest Relations │ Leadership, Communication, Time Mgmt & Organizational skills │ Contemporary American Fine Dining │French, Mexican, Italian, Southern, Vegetarian, & Caribbean cuisine and a little Asian influence
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Atlanta; Tucker, GA
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Le Cordon Blue Culinary Arts
Graduation date: June 13, 2009
Savannah Technical; Savannah, GA
Customer Service Specialist Certification
6/12-1/13 Griffin Country Club, Griffin, GA
- Manage and oversee all kitchen staff, planning, inventory, ordering, menu creation, sanitation, food purveyors, kitchen maintenance and repairs, food production, presentation, and execution off all food production and events for the GCC. Also contributed to food costing of menus on dining and all events.
- Train kitchen staff on sanitation and HAACP procedures, knife skills, presentation, Ala Carte, Buffets, and Banquet services.
- Train Sous Chef to assist Executive Chef with kitchen duties, preparation, cooking, and execution of food.
1/11-6-12 T & S Restaurant Inc, Morrow, GA
Line Cook-Burger Shack
6/09-Present Peppers Bar and Grill; Riverdale, GA
- Executed food orders in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Prepared and produced all food production and opened and closed the kitchen.
2/09-Present Chef M.A.J’s Catering/Personal Chef Services
- Provide affordable fine dining catering services to diverse clientele for events, parties, and special occasions
- Oversee all food production, preparation, presentation, and prepare all dishes in coherence with the client’s dietary needs or requests.
1/09-4/09 Lumiere Restaurant/Le Cordon Bleu; Tucker, GA
Chef de Partie/Intern
- Assisted the Chef with managing daily inventory, shipments, temperature logs, prepping, meat fabrication, pastry, amuse bouches, and menu planning.
- Supervised several students and demonstrations on soup and entrée stations and facilitated with creating of new dishes on menus.
1/04-2/05 Gecko Grille; Morrow, GA
Assistant Manager (Chef)
- Cooked and submitted food orders, and served them to customers.
- Performed assistant managerial skills such as ordering daily food shipments and paperwork
- Hired potential crew workers and prepared foods for hot and cold lines
Beverly Fields/ Phone: 678-544-7348
Food and Beverage Manager of Griffin Country Club
Barake and Najuma Mulefu/ Phone: 770-968-9151
CO-Owners, Baker and cook of Our Daily Bread Café
Chef Anthony Martin/ Phone: 301-401-214
Former Executive Chef of Griffin Country Club
Chef Thompson and Chef Irwin/ Phone: 770-723-3508
Chef Instructors of Lumiere Restaurant/Le Cordon Bleu College